As we await the kick-off of the semi-finals in the ongoing Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) in Cameroon, here are top five (5) players contesting for the golden boot.
QUEST TIMES based the ranking on players who scored most in least minute of appearance in the tournament.
You may also like: AFCON host Cameroon beat Gabon to qualify for semi-finals in style
Let’s take a look at the top 5 players in the list:
- Vincent Aboubakar (Cameroon) 6 goals
- Karl Toko Ekambi (Cameroon) 5 goals
- Sofiane Boufal (Morocco) 3 goals (eliminated)
- Ibrahima Kone (Mali) 3 goals (eliminated)
- Gabadinho Mhango (Malawi) 3 goals (eliminated).
As it stands, Vincent Aboubakar and Toko Ekambi are the only players currently contending for the golden boot since they are both still in the tournament, as the other three behind them have all been eliminated from the tournament.